White Sox vs. Padres Probable Starting Pitchers Today - October 1
The San Diego Padres (81-80) aim to prolong their four-game winning streak when they meet the Chicago White Sox (61-100) on Sunday at 3:10 PM ET, at Guaranteed Rate Field.
The Padres will give the ball to Pedro Avila (2-2, 3.57 ERA), who is eyeing win No. 3 on the season, and the White Sox will turn to Jose Urena (0-7, 7.45 ERA).
Bet Now: Get the latest odds for this matchup and pitcher props on BetMGM. New depositors can use bonus code "GNPLAY" for special offers!
White Sox vs. Padres Pitcher Matchup Info
- Date: Sunday, October 1, 2023
- Time: 3:10 PM ET
- TV: NBCS-CHI
- Location: Chicago, Illinois
- Venue: Guaranteed Rate Field
- Live Stream: Watch this game on Fubo!
- Probable Pitchers: Avila - SD (2-2, 3.57 ERA) vs Urena - CHW (0-7, 7.45 ERA)
Explore More About This Game
|White Sox Injury Report|
|Padres vs White Sox Player Props|
|Padres vs White Sox Betting Trends & Stats|
|How to Watch Padres vs White Sox|
|Padres vs White Sox Odds|
|Padres vs White Sox Prediction|
White Sox Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: José Ureña
- The White Sox are sending Urena (0-7) to the mound for his 10th start of the season. He is 0-7 with a 7.45 ERA and 26 strikeouts in 38 2/3 innings pitched.
- His most recent time out came on Tuesday against the Arizona Diamondbacks, when the right-hander tossed four innings, surrendering four earned runs while allowing four hits.
- The 32-year-old has put up an ERA of 7.45, with 6.1 strikeouts per nine innings in nine games this season. Opposing hitters have a .295 batting average against him.
- Urena has one quality start under his belt this year.
- Urena enters the game with three outings of five or more innings pitched this year.
- He has not had an appearance yet in 2023 where he did not give up at least one earned run.
José Ureña vs. Padres
- The opposing Padres offense has a collective .244 batting average, and is 22nd in the league with 1309 total hits and 13th in MLB play with 750 runs scored. They have the 14th-ranked slugging percentage (.415) and are 13th in all of MLB with 205 home runs.
- Urena has thrown 2 1/3 innings, giving up four earned runs on five hits against the Padres this season.
Padres Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Pedro Avila
- The Padres' Avila (2-2) will make his sixth start of the season.
- The right-hander last pitched out of the bullpen on Sunday, Sept. 24, when he threw 2 2/3 innings, giving up two earned runs while allowing two hits to the St. Louis Cardinals.
- The 26-year-old has pitched in 13 games this season with a 3.57 ERA and 9.3 strikeouts per nine innings with a batting average against of .238.
- He has one quality starts in five chances this season.
- Avila has one start of five or more innings this season in five chances. He averages 3.5 innings per outing.
- He has finished six appearances without allowing an earned run in 13 chances this season.
Not all offers available in all states, please visit BetMGM for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.