White Sox vs. Red Sox Probable Starting Pitchers Today - September 23
The Chicago White Sox (58-96) will aim to snap a three-game losing streak when visiting the Boston Red Sox (76-78) at 4:10 PM ET on Saturday.
The Red Sox will look to Nick Pivetta (9-9) versus the White Sox and Dylan Cease (7-8).
Bet Now: Get the latest odds for this matchup and pitcher props on BetMGM. New depositors can use bonus code "GNPLAY" for special offers!
White Sox vs. Red Sox Pitcher Matchup Info
- Date: Saturday, September 23, 2023
- Time: 4:10 PM ET
- TV: NESN
- Location: Boston, Massachusetts
- Venue: Fenway Park
- Live Stream: Watch this game on Fubo!
- Probable Pitchers: Pivetta - BOS (9-9, 4.48 ERA) vs Cease - CHW (7-8, 4.91 ERA)
Read More About This Game
|White Sox Injury Report|
|Red Sox vs White Sox Betting Trends & Stats|
|How to Watch Red Sox vs White Sox|
|Red Sox vs White Sox Odds|
|Red Sox vs White Sox Prediction|
White Sox Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Dylan Cease
- The White Sox will send Cease (7-8) out for his 32nd start of the season. He is 7-8 with a 4.91 ERA and 196 strikeouts over 165 2/3 innings pitched.
- In his most recent outing on Sunday against the Minnesota Twins, the righty threw six innings, giving up three earned runs while surrendering four hits.
- In 31 games this season, the 27-year-old has an ERA of 4.91, with 10.7 strikeouts per nine innings. Opponents are hitting .253 against him.
- Cease is trying to pick up his 12th quality start of the season in this matchup.
- Cease will try to last five or more innings for his fifth straight appearance. He's averaging 5.3 frames per outing.
- In two of his 31 total appearances this season he has not surrendered an earned run.
Red Sox Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Nick Pivetta
- Pivetta (9-9) will take to the mound for the Red Sox and make his 15th start of the season.
- The right-hander's last start was on Sunday, when he tossed 6 1/3 innings while giving up two earned runs on four hits in a matchup with the Toronto Blue Jays.
- The 30-year-old has an ERA of 4.48, a 3.46 strikeout-to-walk ratio and a WHIP of 1.181 in 36 games this season.
- He has earned a quality start three times in 14 starts this season.
- Pivetta has pitched five or more innings in two straight games and will look to extend that streak.
- He has finished 13 appearances without allowing an earned run in 36 chances this season.
Nick Pivetta vs. White Sox
- The White Sox are batting .240 this season, 23rd in MLB. They have a team slugging percentage of .387 (26th in the league) with 164 home runs.
- The White Sox have gone 0-for-1 in a third of an inning this season against the right-hander.
Not all offers available in all states, please visit BetMGM for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.