Cubs vs. Rockies Probable Starting Pitchers Today - September 23
The Colorado Rockies (56-97) hope to break their five-game losing run versus the Chicago Cubs (80-74), at 2:20 PM ET on Saturday.
The Cubs will give the nod to Marcus Stroman (10-8, 3.76 ERA), who is eyeing win No. 11 on the season, and the Rockies will turn to Chris Flexen (1-8, 7.19 ERA).
Bet Now: Get the latest odds for this matchup and pitcher props on BetMGM. New depositors can use bonus code "GNPLAY" for special offers!
Cubs vs. Rockies Pitcher Matchup Info
- Date: Saturday, September 23, 2023
- Time: 2:20 PM ET
- TV: MARQ
- Location: Chicago, Illinois
- Venue: Wrigley Field
- Live Stream: Watch this game on Fubo!
- Probable Pitchers: Stroman - CHC (10-8, 3.76 ERA) vs Flexen - COL (1-8, 7.19 ERA)
Discover More About This Game
|Cubs Injury Report|
|Cubs vs Rockies Betting Trends & Stats|
|Cubs vs Rockies Odds|
|Cubs vs Rockies Prediction|
|How to Watch Cubs vs Rockies|
Cubs Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Marcus Stroman
- Stroman (10-8) will take to the mound for the Cubs and make his 24th start of the season.
- The right-hander last pitched out of the bullpen on Sunday, when he threw one inning, giving up no earned runs while allowing one hit to the Arizona Diamondbacks.
- The 32-year-old has pitched in 25 games this season with a 3.76 ERA and 7.9 strikeouts per nine innings with a batting average against of .225.
- In 23 starts this season, he's earned a quality start in 15 of them.
- Stroman has 18 starts of five or more innings this season in 23 chances. He averages 5.2 innings per outing.
- If he manages to end his start without allowing an earned run, he'd extend his streak of appearances with no earned runs to three.
Rockies Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Chris Flexen
- Flexen gets the start for the Rockies, his 15th of the season. He is 1-8 with a 7.19 ERA and 70 strikeouts in 91 1/3 innings pitched.
- The righty last appeared on Sunday against the San Francisco Giants, when he tossed 5 1/3 innings, allowing four earned runs while giving up five hits.
- In 27 games this season, the 29-year-old has a 7.19 ERA and 6.9 strikeouts per nine innings, while giving up a batting average of .323 to his opponents.
- Flexen has collected one quality start this season.
- Flexen is looking for his third straight outing lasting five or more innings. He averages 3.4 innings per start.
- He has held his opponents without an earned run in five of his 27 appearances this season.
Chris Flexen vs. Cubs
- The opposing Cubs offense has the 11th-ranked slugging percentage (.421) and ranks 14th in home runs hit (187) in all of MLB. They have a collective .255 batting average, and are 12th in the league with 1333 total hits and seventh in MLB play scoring 782 runs.
- Flexen has a 12.91 ERA and a 3 WHIP against the Cubs this season in 7 2/3 innings pitched, allowing a .514 batting average over two appearances.
Not all offers available in all states, please visit BetMGM for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.