White Sox vs. Twins Probable Starting Pitchers Today - September 17
The Minnesota Twins (78-71) and Chicago White Sox (57-92) clash on Sunday at 2:10 PM ET.
The probable starters are Sonny Gray (7-7) for the Twins and Dylan Cease (7-7) for the White Sox.
Bet Now: Get the latest odds for this matchup and pitcher props on BetMGM. New depositors can use bonus code "GNPLAY" for special offers!
White Sox vs. Twins Pitcher Matchup Info
- Date: Sunday, September 17, 2023
- Time: 2:10 PM ET
- TV: NBCS-CHI
- Location: Chicago, Illinois
- Venue: Guaranteed Rate Field
- Live Stream: Watch this game on Fubo!
- Probable Pitchers: Gray - MIN (7-7, 2.91 ERA) vs Cease - CHW (7-7, 4.92 ERA)
Read More About This Game
|White Sox Injury Report|
|Twins vs White Sox Betting Trends & Stats|
|How to Watch Twins vs White Sox|
|Twins vs White Sox Odds|
|Twins vs White Sox Prediction|
White Sox Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Dylan Cease
- Cease gets the start for the White Sox, his 31st of the season. He is 7-7 with a 4.92 ERA and 191 strikeouts in 159 2/3 innings pitched.
- In his last outing on Tuesday against the Kansas City Royals, the righty went 5 1/3 innings, giving up one earned run while surrendering four hits.
- In 30 games this season, the 27-year-old has an ERA of 4.92, with 10.8 strikeouts per nine innings. Opponents are batting .256 against him.
- Cease is trying to pick up his 11th quality start of the season in this outing.
- Cease will look to last five or more innings for his fourth straight appearance. He's averaging 5.3 innings per outing.
- He has held his opponents without an earned run in two of his 30 appearances this season.
Dylan Cease vs. Twins
- The opposing Twins offense has the 10th-ranked slugging percentage (.424) and ranks fifth in home runs hit (211) in all of MLB. They have a collective .241 batting average, and are 20th in the league with 1219 total hits and 12th in MLB play scoring 701 runs.
- Cease has a 3.38 ERA and a 1.188 WHIP against the Twins this season in 16 innings pitched, allowing a .183 batting average over three appearances.
Twins Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Sonny Gray
- Gray (7-7) will take the mound for the Twins, his 30th start of the season.
- The right-hander gave up one earned run and allowed six hits in four innings pitched against the Tampa Bay Rays on Monday.
- The 33-year-old has pitched in 29 games this season with a 2.91 ERA and 8.9 strikeouts per nine innings with a batting average against of .229.
- He has started 29 games this season, earning a quality start (6 or more IP, 3 or fewer ER) in 15 of them.
- Gray has started 29 games this season, and he's lasted five or more innings 26 times. He averages 5.8 innings per appearance.
- In 29 appearances this season, he has finished six without allowing an earned run.
- The 33-year-old's 2.91 ERA ranks third, 1.180 WHIP ranks 18th, and 8.9 K/9 ranks 24th among qualified pitchers in the majors this year.
Sonny Gray vs. White Sox
- The White Sox have scored 612 runs this season, which ranks 27th in MLB. They are batting .240 for the campaign with 161 home runs, 19th in the league.
- The right-hander has allowed the White Sox to go 10-for-43 with a double and two RBI in 11 innings this season.
Not all offers available in all states, please visit BetMGM for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.