Cubs vs. Diamondbacks Probable Starting Pitchers Today - September 16
The Chicago Cubs (78-70) are looking for Nico Hoerner to prolong a 10-game hitting streak against the Arizona Diamondbacks (77-72) on Saturday at 8:10 PM ET, at Chase Field.
This contest's pitching matchup is set, as the Cubs will send Kyle Hendricks (6-7) to the mound, while Zach Davies (2-5) will get the nod for the Diamondbacks.
Bet Now: Get the latest odds for this matchup and pitcher props on BetMGM. New depositors can use bonus code "GNPLAY" for special offers!
Cubs vs. Diamondbacks Pitcher Matchup Info
- Date: Saturday, September 16, 2023
- Time: 8:10 PM ET
- TV: ARID
- Location: Phoenix, Arizona
- Venue: Chase Field
- Live Stream: Watch this game on Fubo!
- Probable Pitchers: Hendricks - CHC (6-7, 3.86 ERA) vs Davies - ARI (2-5, 6.81 ERA)
Read More About This Game
|Cubs Injury Report|
|Cubs vs Diamondbacks Betting Trends & Stats|
|How to Watch Cubs vs Diamondbacks|
|Cubs vs Diamondbacks Odds|
|Cubs vs Diamondbacks Prediction|
Cubs Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Kyle Hendricks
- The Cubs will send Hendricks (6-7) to the mound for his 22nd start this season.
- The right-hander gave up two earned runs and allowed seven hits in 5 2/3 innings pitched against the Arizona Diamondbacks on Sunday.
- The 33-year-old has an ERA of 3.86, a 3.95 strikeout-to-walk ratio and a WHIP of 1.162 in 21 games this season.
- In 21 starts this season, he's earned a quality start in 10 of them.
- Hendricks will look to finish five or more innings for the eighth start in a row.
- He has two appearances this season with zero earned runs allowed out of his 21 chances this season.
Kyle Hendricks vs. Diamondbacks
- The Diamondbacks have scored 685 runs this season, which ranks 13th in MLB. They are batting .251 for the campaign with 159 home runs, 20th in the league.
- The Diamondbacks have gone 7-for-22 with two doubles and two RBI in 5 2/3 innings this season against the right-hander.
Diamondbacks Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Zach Davies
- Davies gets the start for the Diamondbacks, his 17th of the season. He is 2-5 with a 6.81 ERA and 64 strikeouts in 75 1/3 innings pitched.
- In his most recent appearance on Monday, the right-hander tossed four innings against the New York Mets, allowing three earned runs while surrendering four hits.
- During 16 games this season, the 30-year-old has amassed a 6.81 ERA and 7.6 strikeouts per nine innings, while allowing a batting average of .286 to opposing batters.
- Davies has recorded three quality starts this season.
- Davies has put up eight starts this season that he pitched five or more innings.
- In one of his 16 total appearances this season he has not given up an earned run.
Not all offers available in all states, please visit BetMGM for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.