Cubs vs. Reds Probable Starting Pitchers Today - May 28
The Cincinnati Reds (23-29) will attempt to sweep the Chicago Cubs (22-29) at Wrigley Field on Sunday, at 2:20 PM ET.
The Cubs will give the nod to Drew Smyly (5-1, 2.93 ERA), who is eyeing win No. 6 on the season, and the Reds will turn to Graham Ashcraft (2-3, 5.57 ERA).
Cubs vs. Reds Pitcher Matchup Info
- Date: Sunday, May 28, 2023
- Time: 2:20 PM ET
- TV: MARQ
- Location: Chicago, Illinois
- Venue: Wrigley Field
- Live Stream: Watch this game on Fubo!
- Probable Pitchers: Smyly - CHC (5-1, 2.93 ERA) vs Ashcraft - CIN (2-3, 5.57 ERA)
Explore More About This Game
|Cubs Injury Report|
|Cubs vs Reds Betting Trends & Stats|
|Cubs vs Reds Player Props|
|Cubs vs Reds Odds|
|Cubs vs Reds Prediction|
|How to Watch Cubs vs Reds|
Cubs Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Drew Smyly
- The Cubs will hand the ball to Smyly (5-1) for his 11th start of the season.
- The left-hander's last start was on Tuesday, when he tossed five innings while giving up two earned runs on four hits in a matchup with the New York Mets.
- The 33-year-old has pitched in 10 games this season with an ERA of 2.93, a 4.25 strikeout-to-walk ratio and a WHIP of .958.
- In 10 starts this season, he's earned four quality starts.
- Smyly will look to finish five or more innings for the fourth start in a row.
Drew Smyly vs. Reds
- The Reds have scored 234 runs this season, which ranks 16th in MLB. They are batting .255 for the campaign with 40 home runs, 28th in the league.
- This season, the left-hander has pitched against the Reds in one game, and they have gone 9-for-22 with a triple, a home run and six RBI over 4 2/3 innings.
Reds Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Graham Ashcraft
- Ashcraft (2-3 with a 5.57 ERA and 41 strikeouts in 53 1/3 innings pitched) gets the start for the Reds, his 11th of the season.
- His last appearance came on Tuesday against the St. Louis Cardinals, when the righty went five innings, surrendering seven earned runs while allowing 10 hits.
- The 25-year-old has a 5.57 ERA and 6.9 strikeouts per nine innings across 10 games this season, while giving up a batting average of .276 to his opponents.
- Ashcraft is trying to pick up his sixth quality start of the season in this matchup.
- Ashcraft is trying for his fourth straight outing lasting five or more innings. He averages 5.3 innings per start.
- The 25-year-old ranks 66th in ERA (5.57), 66th in WHIP (1.481), and 61st in K/9 (6.9) among qualifying pitchers in MLB play this season.
Not all offers available in all states, please visit BetMGM for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.