Cubs vs. Reds Probable Starting Pitchers Today - May 26
The Chicago Cubs (22-27) and Cincinnati Reds (21-29) clash in the first of a three-game series on Friday at Wrigley Field, at 2:20 PM ET. The Cubs are coming off a series victory over the Mets, and the Reds a series split with the Cardinals.
The Cubs will give the nod to Justin Steele (6-1, 2.20 ERA), who is eyeing win No. 7 on the season, and the Reds will turn to Hunter Greene (0-4, 4.68 ERA).
Bet Now: Get the latest odds for this matchup and pitcher props on BetMGM
Cubs vs. Reds Pitcher Matchup Info
- Date: Friday, May 26, 2023
- Time: 2:20 PM ET
- TV: MLB Network
- Location: Chicago, Illinois
- Venue: Wrigley Field
- Live Stream: Watch this game on Fubo!
- Probable Pitchers: Steele - CHC (6-1, 2.20 ERA) vs Greene - CIN (0-4, 4.68 ERA)
Watch live MLB games on all your devices! Sign up now for a free trial to Fubo!
Discover More About This Game
|Cubs Injury Report|
|Cubs vs Reds Betting Trends & Stats|
|Cubs vs Reds Player Props|
|Cubs vs Reds Odds|
|Cubs vs Reds Prediction|
|How to Watch Cubs vs Reds|
Cubs Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Justin Steele
- Steele (6-1) will take to the mound for the Cubs and make his 11th start of the season.
- The left-hander's last appearance was on Sunday, when he threw six scoreless innings against the Philadelphia Phillies while allowing four hits.
- The 27-year-old has an ERA of 2.20 and 7.8 strikeouts per nine innings, with a batting average against of .212 in 10 games this season.
- He has earned a quality start eight times in 10 starts this season.
- Steele will look to finish five or more innings for the 11th start in a row.
Try FanDuel Fantasy today with our link and make your perfect team!
Reds Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Hunter Greene
- Greene gets the start for the Reds, his 11th of the season. He is 0-4 with a 4.68 ERA and 69 strikeouts in 50 2/3 innings pitched.
- The righty's last appearance came on Sunday against the New York Yankees, when he tossed seven innings, surrendering four earned runs while giving up four hits.
- The 23-year-old has amassed an ERA of 4.68, with 12.4 strikeouts per nine innings in 10 games this season. Opponents are batting .274 against him.
- Greene is trying to pick up his third quality start of the year in this game.
- Greene enters the game with six outings of five or more innings pitched this season.
- Among pitchers who qualify in MLB action this season, the 23-year-old ranks 60th in ERA (4.68), 68th in WHIP (1.500), and second in K/9 (12.4).
Not all offers available in all states, please visit BetMGM for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.