Cubs vs. Phillies Probable Starting Pitchers Today - May 20
The Philadelphia Phillies (20-24) will look to stop a five-game losing streak when hosting the Chicago Cubs (20-24) at 4:05 PM ET on Saturday.
The Phillies will give the nod to Aaron Nola (3-3) versus the Cubs and Jameson Taillon (0-2).
Cubs vs. Phillies Pitcher Matchup Info
- Date: Saturday, May 20, 2023
- Time: 4:05 PM ET
- TV: NBCS-PH
- Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Venue: Citizens Bank Park
- Live Stream: Watch this game on Fubo!
- Probable Pitchers: Nola - PHI (3-3, 4.53 ERA) vs Taillon - CHC (0-2, 6.29 ERA)
Discover More About This Game
|Cubs Injury Report|
|Phillies vs Cubs Betting Trends & Stats|
|Phillies vs Cubs Player Props|
|How to Watch Phillies vs Cubs|
|Phillies vs Cubs Odds|
|Phillies vs Cubs Prediction|
Cubs Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Jameson Taillon
- Taillon gets the start for the Cubs, his seventh of the season. He is 0-2 with a 6.29 ERA and 26 strikeouts in 24 1/3 innings pitched.
- The righty last appeared on Tuesday against the Houston Astros, when he went 4 2/3 innings, allowing four earned runs while giving up seven hits.
- Over six games this season, the 31-year-old has a 6.29 ERA and 9.6 strikeouts per nine innings, while giving up a batting average of .297 to opposing hitters.
- Taillon does not have a quality start on the season.
- Taillon enters this game with two outings of five or more innings pitched this campaign.
Phillies Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Aaron Nola
- The Phillies' Nola (3-3) will make his 10th start of the season.
- The right-hander gave up four earned runs in seven innings pitched on Sunday in his last outing, a matchup with the Colorado Rockies.
- The 29-year-old has pitched to a 4.53 ERA this season with 7.0 strikeouts per nine innings compared to 1.9 walks per nine across nine games.
- In nine starts this season, he's earned five quality starts.
- Nola has eight starts in a row of five innings or more.
- The 29-year-old's 4.53 ERA ranks 53rd, 1.114 WHIP ranks 25th, and 7.0 K/9 ranks 56th among qualified pitchers in the majors this year.
Not all offers available in all states, please visit BetMGM for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.