Illinois vs. Mississippi State Women's Basketball Predictions & Picks - NCAA Tournament First Four
Published: Mar. 13, 2023 at 2:38 AM CDT|Updated: Mar. 15, 2023 at 10:40 AM CDT
Wednesday's contest between the Illinois Fighting Illini (22-9) and Mississippi State Bulldogs (20-10) matching up at Purcell Pavilion has a projected final score of 69-67 (based on our computer prediction) in favor of Illinois, so expect a tight matchup. The game will begin at 7:00 PM ET on March 15.
The Fighting Illini are coming off of a 73-58 loss to Maryland in their most recent outing on Friday.
Illinois vs. Mississippi State Game Info
- When: Wednesday, March 15, 2023 at 7:00 PM ET
- Where: Purcell Pavilion in South Bend, Indiana
- How to Watch on TV: ESPNU
Use this link to get a free trial of fuboTV, where you can watch college hoops and other live sports without cable!
Illinois vs. Mississippi State Score Prediction
- Prediction: Illinois 69, Mississippi State 67
Illinois Schedule Analysis
- When the Fighting Illini took down the Iowa Hawkeyes (No. 3 in the AP's Top 25) on January 1 by a score of 90-86, it was their best win of the season so far.
- The Fighting Illini have three wins over Quadrant 1 teams, tied for the 41st-most in Division 1.
- Illinois has four wins over Quadrant 2 opponents, tied for the 43rd-most in the country.
- The Fighting Illini have tied for the 43rd-most Quadrant 3 victories in the nation (seven).
Illinois 2022-23 Best Wins
- 90-86 at home over Iowa (No. 3/AP Poll) on January 1
- 72-64 on the road over Nebraska (No. 51) on February 9
- 86-76 at home over Michigan State (No. 54) on January 29
- 76-66 on the road over Missouri (No. 71) on December 18
- 85-62 at home over Penn State (No. 111) on February 19
Watch college hoops all season on all your devices without cable with a seven-day free trial on fuboTV!
Illinois Performance Insights
- The Fighting Illini's +337 scoring differential (outscoring opponents by 10.8 points per game) is a result of scoring 75.9 points per game (28th in college basketball) while giving up 65.1 per contest (200th in college basketball).
- Illinois' offense has been less effective in Big Ten tilts this season, scoring 72.7 points per contest, compared to its overall average of 75.9 PPG.
- The Fighting Illini are scoring 79.9 points per game this season in home games, which is 7.7 more points than they're averaging in road games (72.2).
- Illinois surrenders 63.6 points per game when playing at home this season, compared to 67.4 on the road.
- The Fighting Illini have seen a downturn in scoring recently, racking up 71.1 points per game in their last 10 outings, 4.8 points fewer than the 75.9 they've scored this year.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.