WIFR has an opening for an Office Manager.
We are looking for someone who can maintain a high level of confidentiality in all aspects of the position, who appreciates a challenge, can think ahead and follow a task through to completion. This career opportunity requires the ability to interact effectively with individual employees as well as several departments on both a local and corporate level. This position encompasses a wide range of responsibility, therefore, organization, attention to detail, and multi-tasking are essential.
Candidates should have computer/graphic knowledge using the Microsoft Office platform with the expectation of learning additional software programs that assist in the functionality of this position.
Knowledge of FCC/EEO regulations, Workman’s Compensation rules, OSHA guidelines and accounting preferred.
Responsibilities Include But Not Limited To:
• Station HR Coordinator - Conducts “New Hire” orientations, processes HR paperwork/reports, supervises front desk staff and provides back-up assistance when necessary
• Station EEO Coordinator - Manages the station’s Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) efforts
• Station Safety Coordinator - Applies the Company’s safety policies on a station level, processes and maintains Workman’s Compensation files
• A/P Backup
• Other duties as assigned by the General Manager
• Ability to maintain high confidentiality in all aspects of the position
• 3-5 Years of Administrative experience and Associates Degree preferred
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Organization, dependability, and the ability to multi-task
• Knowledge of FCC/EEO regulations, Workman’s Compensation rules, OSHA Guidelines preferred
• Computer software knowledge using Microsoft Office
• Graphic skills
• Experience in a management setting
• Accounting background a plus
Must possess a valid driver’s license and a good driving record. Pre-employment and random drug screening are a condition of employment.
HOURS: This is a full time position. Monday-Friday 8:30A-5:00P
Please visit https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings for more information or to apply for this position.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open until further notice.
WIFR is owned by Gray Television, Inc. and is a CBS affiliate. We are located in beautiful Northern Illinois with Chicago, Madison, and Milwaukee in our backyard. The Rockford market is an excellent choice for individuals interested in gaining broadcasting experience as well as those looking to make this area their home. Rockford – Small Town Charm with Big City Convenience!
Gray Television, Inc. is a television broadcast company headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia whose primary mission is to provide quality news and entertainment services to the local markets in which the Company operates. Gray Television, Inc. owns and operates television stations and leading digital assets in markets throughout the United States.
GRAY TELEVISION, INC. IS A DRUG FREE WORKPLACE AND AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. EMPLOYMENT DISCRIMINATION BECAUSE OF AGE, RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, NATIONAL ORIGIN, DISABILITY, OR GENDER IS PROHIBITED.
GRAY TELEVISION, INC. PARTICIPATES IN E-VERIFY.