ROCKFORD, Ill. (WIFR) The best high school boys bowling in Illinois resides in the Stateline. The NIC-10 has won five of the last six IHSA state championships. Harlem and Hononegah have each won two during that span. The two teams took center stage for the Guilford Regional at Don Carter Lanes on Saturday.
The Indians won their fourth straight regional title, besting the Huskies by 246 pins. Harlem senior Ethan Pash won the individual championship.
1. Hononegah - 6,440
2. Harlem - 6,194
3. Rockford Christian - 5,820
4. Belvidere - 5,801
1. Kyle Albrecht (Guilford) - 1,276
2. Corbyn Villareal (East) - 1,261
3. Jacob Hodge (Belvidere North) - 1,228
4. Carson Soles (Auburn) - 1,219
5. Cal Taylor (Belvidere North) - 1,214
6. William Hall (Jefferson) - 1,211
7. Devan Skridla (Guilford) - 1,188
8. Sam Gonzalez (East) - 1,185
9. Logan Maranelli (Jefferson) - 1,162
10. Austin Morris (Auburn) - 1,157
Freeport won the Oregon Regional at Plum Hollow Family Center in Dixon. Oregon (Co-op), Dixon and Sterling all advance as teams to next week's sectional at Mardi Gras Lanes in DeKalb.