Directions1. Heat the vegetable oil in a 12-inch skillet or wok until hot enough to sizzle.
2. Add the turmeric, coriander, cumin, ginger, garlic and onions and sauté for 1 to 2 minutes or until the onions are opaque.
3. Reduce heat to medium.
4. Stir in all of the remaining ingredients, except peas, while adding water.
5. Simmer, covered at low heat for 8 to 10 minutes or until done.
6. Stir in the peas and cook until heated through.
7. Serve over Basmati rice or with naan.
8. You may also use it as a filling for pita bread.
Yield: 3- servings