No one hurt after kitchen fire in Rockford

Rockford, Ill. (WIFR) Rockford Fire crews responded to the 3000 block of Sun Valley Terrace Monday night for an apartment fire.

Around 6:45 p.m., firefighters reported that smoke was showing from the building and discovered a kitchen on the first floor to be the source of the flames. The fire was extinguished and brought under control in about ten minutes.

Residents in the first floor apartment were displaced and the Red Cross is assisting. All other occupants were able to get out safely and return to their apartments.

No injuries were reported. The damages are estimated at $15,000.