ROCKFORD, Ill. (WIFR) – The state of Illinois announces more than 200 new laws that took effect yesterday.
Here are just a few of them:
- Illinois will allow state health insurance and Medicaid coverage for abortions.
- Juvenile criminal records will automatically be expunged two years after a case is closed except in homicides, felony sex offenses, and other serious crimes.
- Early childhood programs will need to find services to help young children instead of kicking them out.
- The Secretary of State must include in its commercial driver’s license curriculum and study guide information on the human trafficking problem in the state.
- Pet owners are allowed to create partial or joint custody for their pets after divorce.
A complete list of the new laws effective in Illinois can be found here: