Fairgrounds Park murder suspect arrested in Chicago

By  | 

ROCKFORD, Ill. (WIFR) -- Updated: May 14, 2019, 9:15 a.m.

UPDATE: A Rockford man wanted for the stabbing death of a 38-year-old man is captured in Chicago.

Police responded to a stabbing around 9:45 p.m. Apr. 26 to Fairgrounds Park on Kilburn Avenue.

A man, identified as Ronnie Ray, was found with multiple stab wounds in the park's gazebo. He was pronounced dead at a local hospital.

Detectives later identified 23-year-old Keith Delao as the suspect.

On Monday, Chicago police and the FBI found Delao in Chicago.

He was transported back to Rockford and is in custody at the Winnebago County Jail.

Delao faces first-degree murder charges. He's considered innocent until proven guilty.


A Rockford man is wanted for the stabbing death of a man at Fairgrounds Park last weekend.

Keith Delao, 23, is wanted on first-degree murder charges.

Police say a 38-year-old man, later identified as Ronnie Ray, was found at Fairgrounds Park suffering from multiple stab wounds last Friday. He was taken to a hospital, and he later died from his injuries.

Delao was determined as a suspect in the follow-up investigation. Rockford police have obtained warrant for Delao with bond set at $2 million.

If you have any information on Delao's whereabouts, contact the Rockford Police Department at 815-966-2900 or Crime Stoppers at 815-963-7867.


Updated: April 29, 2019, 1 p.m.

Ronnie Ray, a 38-year man stabbed and killed Friday at Fairgrounds Park, died from stab wounds to the body.

The cause was determined after an autopsy from the Winnebago County Coroner's Office. The investigation for the death is ongoing.


Updated: Apr. 28, 2019, 6:00 p.m.

38-year-old Ronnie Ray has been identified as the victim in the stabbing at Fairgrounds Park.

An autopsy will be conducted on Monday to determine his cause of death. The investigation is still ongoing.


Published: April 27, 2019, 11:30 p.m.

A man is dead after a stabbing at Fairgrounds Park in Rockford late Friday evening.

At approximately 9:45 last night, Rockford Fire, Park District Police and Rockford Police responded to a call at the park on 450 Kilburn Avenue.

Once there, a man in his late thirties was discovered inside the park's gazebo, suffering from what appeared to be multiple stab wounds. The victim was transported to a local hospital where he later died from his injuries.

His name has not yet been released and the investigation is still ongoing.