Freeport man hurt in explosion at his home
One Freeport man is hurt after an explosion early Tuesday in the basement of his home at 1151 W. Prentice Street.
Relatives contacted 23 WIFR to say the man went into the basement to work on his water heater when the explosion happened.
Representatives of the city of Freeport's public works department says the home has no gas line and that the man was using 100-pound liquid propane tanks to heat the home.
Family members say the man has second- to third-degree burns. They added that he was taken to FHN in Freeport for treatment and then transported to OSF Saint Anthony Medical Center's burn unit. Another person inside the home was not hurt.