FREEPORT, Ill (WIFR)-- The Illinois Department of Public Health recommended FHN Memorial Hospital in Freeport to restrict visitors to ensure safety from the flu.
The release from FHN outlines five new restrictions on visitors. The release states,
- No visitors under the age of 18 (including the OB unit, to protect our youngest patients)
- Only two (2) visitors per patient at one time.
- Visitors with fever, cough, or sore throat should NOT visit. If they MUST, masks are required (and will be provided).
- Patients hospitalized for flu may have visitors ONLY when necessary for emotional well-being or care.
- Respiratory hygiene/cough etiquette (cover coughs, tissue disposal immediately after use, hand sanitizer) MUST be followed at all times.
Medical services remain available to all patients at FHN.