Advertisement

Early morning fire causes home to become uninhabitable

(WSAZ)
Published: Jul. 22, 2018 at 1:45 PM CDT
Email This Link
Share on Pinterest
Share on LinkedIn

ROCKFORD, Ill. (WIFR) -- An early morning house fire caused $28,000 in damages to a home in the 1100 block of 8th Street.

The Rockford Fire Department responded to the home just after 4 Sunday morning. When crews got to the scene they found heavy smoke and flames coming from the first floor.

Crews were able to control the flames in around 20 minutes. The house received heavy fire and smoke damage throughout the first and second floors.

No one was home at the time of the fire. Crews say the house in uninhabitable. No one was hurt.