Dryer fire causes $700 in damage to northwest Rockford home

By  | 

ROCKFORD, Ill. (WIFR) -- The Rockford Fire Department is investigating a house fire at a northwest Rockford home.

Fire crews were called to a fire in a clothes dryer in the basement of a home at 1716 Vermont Street around 5:15 p.m.

Everyone inside the home got out safely. The fire was put out using portable extinguishers.

Crews remained on scene for about a half hour to finish up the investigation.

The cause of the fire was ruled accidental. The damage is estimated around $700.