Car inside garage catches fire on Broadway

By  | 

ROCKFORD, Ill. (WIFR) -- Rockford Fire Department responded to a home on Broadway overnight for smoke coming out of the garage.

On October 9, 2017, at approximately 9:07pm, Rockford F.D. was called out to the 3800 block of Broadway for a possible garage fire. Upon arrival, firefighters deployed an initial attack line and went into the garage where the found a vehicle on fire.

The fire was quickly extinguished but not before causing heavy smoke damage to the garage. The garage was attached to the house which received some light smoke damage.

The occupants were home when the fire started but there were no injuries. After the fire department used fans to ventilate out the house, the occupants were able to stay at home.

The damage is estimated to be at about $15,000 and was ruled as accidental.