SPRINGFIELD, Ill. (WIFR) -- The Illinois Department of Agriculture has approved licenses for ten cultivation centers to grow cannabis for adult-use purposes, including one in the village of Hillcrest.
PharmaCnn, LLC, located at 16274 E. Twombly Rd. near Rochelle, was approved as a cultivation center.
The following cultivation centers have been approved for adult-use growth.
-Compass Ventures, Inc. - Litchfield
- Cresco Labs, LLC- Lincoln
- Cresco Labs, LLC- Kankakee
- Cresco Labs, LLC- Joliet
- Curative Health Cultivation, LLC- Aurora
- GTI Rock Island, LLC- Rock Island
- PharmaCann, LLC- Dwight
- PharmaCann, LLC- Hillcrest
- Revolution Cannabis, LLC (DBA Ascend Illinois)- Barry
- Wellness Group Pharms, LLC- Anna
Only cultivation centers licensed to grow medical marijuana can apply for early approval adult-use growth, according to IDOA.
Applications for licenses for craft growers, infusers and transporters will be available through IDOA beginning on January 7. The application deadline is March 15, 2020.
Recreational marijuana for adult-use will become legal in Illinois on Jan. 1, 2020.