One person hospitalized from accidental Rockford house fire

By  | 

ROCKFORD, Ill. (WIFR) -- Updated: Nov. 8, 2018, 4:45 p.m.

Fire officials say one woman was taken to a hospital with serious, but non-life-threatening, injuries after a house fire Thursday morning.

Fire crews responded to the structure fire around 10 a.m. The fire was put out around 23 minutes after officers arrived.

One adult and five children escaped the fire without being hurt. All learned about the fire from the home's smoke detector.

The home fire caused around $30,000 in damage to the house. Crews say the fire was accidental.

------

Published: Nov. 8, 2018, 10:30 a.m.

Several fire crews have responded to a house fire on the 600 block of Alliance Avenue in Rockford.

The Rockford Fire Department says at least one person was taken to a hospital from burn injuries​.

We will continue to update this story as more information becomes available.