House fire along Ogilby Road was caused by careless smoking
The fire caused an estimated $30,000 in damages.
ROCKFORD, Ill. (WIFR) - A fire broke out just before midnight Sunday at a Rockford residence along Ogilby Road, from what investigators are calling “careless smoking.”
Residents called the Rockford Fire Department for help, leaving the house after smelling smoke but were unsure of where the smell was coming from.
Flames grew from a first-floor window by the time responders got on the scene.
Firefighters were able to get the flames under control quickly, even though they spread to the second floor of the home.
Damages are estimated at $30,000.
Copyright 2023 WIFR. All rights reserved.