Boys & Girls Club of Rockford mourns loss of director Glenn Patterson
ROCKFORD, Ill. (WIFR) - The Boys & Girls Club of Rockford is mourning the loss of a community leader this week.
Memorial services for Glenn Patterson will be held throughout the weekend and into next week:
- 4 to 6 p.m. Friday, Dec. 2 - Candlelight vigil at the Blackhawk Boys & Girls Club, 330 15th Ave., Rockford
- 4 to 7 p.m. Monday, Dec. 5 - Visitation at Forest City Church (formerly Heartland Community Church), 1280 S. Alpine Road, Rockford
- 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Tuesday, Dec. 6 - Visitation at Forest City Church
- 1 to 3 p.m. Tuesday, Dec. 6 - Funeral at Forest City Church (formerly Heartland Community Church), 1280 S. Alpine Road, Rockford
- 3:30 p.m. Tuesday, Dec. 6 - Repass at Blackhawk Boys & Girls Club, 330 15th Ave., Rockford
Glenn Patterson played an integral role at the organization, most recently as director and a senior leadership member, but also as a mentor to those who attended the club and participated in its mission.
Patterson began his journey with the Blackhawk Boys & Girls Club as a member―growing with the program as an influencer in many lives.
Staff shared the news of Patterson’s death on Monday via Facebook:
“It is with great sadness and gratitude for his commitment to youth that we remember Glenn Patterson. Glenn was a Boys & Girls Club member growing up and returned to play an integral role as Director of our Blackhawk Boys & Girls Club and a member of our senior leadership team. Our thoughts and prayers are with his family, friends and the club members who were impacted through his mentorship daily,” the post reads.
Copyright 2022 WIFR. All rights reserved.