Rockford homeowner thinks lawnmower started garage fire
ROCKFORD, Ill. (WIFR) - A homeowner says a fire in their garage may have started with an overheated lawnmower Friday evening.
First responding units arrived in the 6300 block of Bergstrom Rd. Friday in response to heavy smoke coming from a detached garage.
The fire was reported just after 6 p.m. Damage was contained to the structure, with crews quickly extinguishing the flames. No injuries were reported, but firefighters say thing could have been worse considering gasoline and other flammable liquids were in the garage at the time.
Three fire departments responded to the blaze including Rockford, North Park and Loves Park.
Copyright 2022 WIFR. All rights reserved.