Pets saved in accidental Rockford house fire

Investigators believe fire started due to equipment left on while the family was out.
Investigators believe fire started due to equipment left on while the family was out.(wifr)
Published: Apr. 12, 2022 at 9:49 PM CDT
Email This Link
Share on Pinterest
Share on LinkedIn

ROCKFORD, Ill. (WIFR) - Quick work by the Rockford Fire Department led to the rescue of two dogs and three rabbits from a house fire in the 1900 block of Clinton Street.

It happened around 8:15 Tuesday night.

Crews got there within four minutes of the call to find smoke coming from the second floor of the residence. No one was home at the time.

Investigators say the fire was accidental in nature, related to equipment left on while the family was out. There’s an estimated $35,000 in damage to the home.

Copyright 2022 WIFR. All rights reserved.