Illinois Gaming Board says Hard Rock Casino project can move forward
New details from the state gaming board.
ROCKFORD, Ill. (WIFR) - The Illinois Gaming Board said with owners of the proposed temporary Hard Rock Casino site and proposed permanent site licensed, the project can move forward with requesting approval to start construction on temporary and permanent facilities.
The proposed casino in Rockford has not requested permission to commence gaming operations at a temporary facility, and the IGB did not grant such approval at Wednesday’s board meeting. The IGB granted a casino supplier license to (815) Beltway Holdings, LLC – the owner of both the proposed temporary and permanent Hard Rock Rockford casino locations.
“This determination, among other things, allows construction on a temporary and/or permanent facility to proceed once the applicant submits the required requests, plans and disclosures and those submissions are reviewed and approved by the IGB under applicable provisions of the Illinois Gambling Act and IGB Rules, including Rules 230 and 540. The administrator discussed some of these requirements during today’s meeting,” Gene O’Shea, Director IGB Self-Exclusion Program said.
The IGB is working through the required vetting and investigation of the investors/owners of 815 Entertainment, LLC and of the proposed Rockford casino project. Some of these individuals and entities were on the June 9 agenda and the IGB expect others to be considered at future IGB meetings.
The board’s rules state that a Key Person is a person identified by the board under section 3000.222 as subject to regulatory approval as a person able to control, or exercise significant influence over, the management, assets, or operating policies of an owners, organization gaming or supplier licensee.
Among other things, Key Persons include the following:
· Any business entity and any individual with an ownership interest or voting rights of more than 5 percent in the licensee or applicant, and the trustee of any trust holding such ownership interest or voting rights.
· The directors of the licensee or applicant and its chief executive officer, president and chief operating officer, or their functional equivalents.
· A gaming operations manager or any other business entity or individual who has influence and/or control over the conduct of gaming or the Riverboat Gaming Operation.
· All other individuals or business entities that, upon review of the applicant’s or licensee’s Table of Organization, Ownership and Control submitted under Section 3000.223, the board determines hold a position or a level of ownership, control or influence that is material to the regulatory concerns and obligations of the board for the specified licensee or applicant.
Key person approvals are required by Board Rule 222, which describes the identification and requirements of key persons and can be found here.
The board approved three individuals and one trust suitable as Key Persons of 815 Entertainment, LLC d/b/a Hard Rock Casino Rockford as follows:
- Marc J. Jacobson
- Brent B. Johnson
- Sunil Puri
- Brent B. Johnson Trust dated March 24, 1997
The Board also approved the following 47 individuals, business entities and trusts suitable as owners of 815 Entertainment, LLC d/b/a Hard Rock Casino Rockford:
- Gretchen T. Bastuga
- Charles E. Box
- Sophia Bross
- Julia L. Costello
- William K. Cunningham
- Christopher R. Dandrow
- Mary A. Dunleavy
- Ronald W. Engesether
- Jason R. Frank
- Hugh M. Jones IV
- Rachel K. Kenyon
- William K. Knicker
- Justin K. Kwak
- Jason D. Lichtman
- John D. Lichty
- Matthew S. Murphy
- Karen R. Nielsen
- Jan H. Ohlander
- Lauren B. Rabb
- Andrew K. Roiniotis
- Jason A. Rolence
- Arthur S. Rone
- Debra A. Sasse
- Beth A. Satterfield
- Dawn M. Shanine
- George Donald Shanine
- George Noel Shanine
- Sydney E. Shanine
- Todd M. Shaw
- Suzanne Velasquez Sheehy
- Jessica Theisen
- Renee Togher
- Arthur R. Velasquez
- Laine N. Warner
- William W. Warner
- Brent D. Wilde
- James W. Wilde
- Joshua K. Wilde
- Jennifer V. Yilk
- Nannette Zander
- Clearwater Property Investments, LLC
- RCI Investments LLC
- VCI Partners, LLC
- Dawn M. Shanine Irrevocable Trust
- Gretchen Bastuga Revocable Trust
- The Bill Warner 2019 GST Exempt Trust
- The James W. Wilde Revocable Trust Agreement
State Senator Steve Stadelman (D-Rockford) released a statement Wednesday after news the Illinois Gaming Board has voted to approve a supplier’s license for the owners of the proposed Rockford Hard Rock Casino.
”I am excited for this major step forward in the plans for the Rockford Casino. I look forward to the day those in Rockford who enjoy gambling don’t have to travel to another state to do what they enjoy and can stay here in northern Illinois at the Rockford Casino.”
The Gaming Board’s vote Wednesday allows for a temporary casino to open, with the location set for the former Giovanni’s Restaurant & Convention Center at 610 N. Bell School Rd.
Copyright 2021 WIFR. All rights reserved.