23 new cases of COVID-19 in Boone Co.
Of those cases, 884 have recovered and 23 have died.
BOONE COUNTY, Ill. (WIFR) - There are now a total of 1,063 positive COVID-19 cases in Boone County as an additional 23 cases were announced Tuesday.
Of those cases, 884 have recovered and 23 have died. Here is the breakdown of Boone County positive cases and deaths by age:
- 0-9 years old: 42 positive cases
- 10-19 years old: 113 positive cases
- 20-29 years old: 213 positive cases and 1 death
- 30-39 years old: 154 positive cases
- 40-49 years old: 194 positive cases and 1 death
- 50-59 years old: 155 positive cases and 1 death
- 60-69 years old: 88 positive cases and 4 deaths
- 70-79 years old: 55 positive cases and 8 deaths
- 80-89 years old: 36 positive cases and 5 deaths
- 90-99 years old: 12 positive cases and 3 deaths
- 100 years old or older: 1 positive case
There are no areas of concern in Boone County. Health officials continue to recommend testing for asymptomatic contacts of COVID-19 cases. Testing should also be considered for individuals with potential exposures such as those attending large gatherings and those traveling from high incidence areas.
If asymptomatic individuals are being tested, specimens should be collected 5 – 9 days after the last potential exposure. Testing has played a key role in Boone County in identifying cases of COVID-19 and supporting contact tracing to prevent the transmission.
Copyright 2020 WIFR. All rights reserved.