lllinois announces 1,645 new cases of COVID-19, 16 additional deaths
SPRINGFIELD, Ill. (WIFR) - The Illinois Department of Public Health announces 1,645 new confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Illinois along with 16 deaths on Wednesday.
The new deaths include:
- Cook County: 1 male 60s, 1 male 70s
- DeKalb County: 1 female 70s
- Douglas County; 1 male 50s
- Iroquois County: 1 female 80s
- Jefferson County: 1 female 80s
- Lake County: 1 male 70s, 1 male 80s
- LaSalle County: 1 male 80s
- Madison County: 1 female 70s, 1 female 80s
- Perry County: 1 female 90s
- Rock Island County: 1 male 80s, 1 male 90s
- St. Clair County: 1 female 90s
- Williamson County: 1 male 80s
The IDPH says there are now 198,593 total cases of COVID-19 and 7,672 deaths in 102 counties in Illinois. An additional 42,098 tests were conducted over the last 24 hours for a total of 3,189,801 tests.
The preliminary seven-day statewide positivity for cases as a percent of total test from August 5 – August 11 is 4.1%. As of last night, 1,525 people in Illinois were reported to be in the hospital with COVID-19. Of those, 357 patients were in the ICU and 129 patients with COVID-19 were on ventilators.
Copyright 2020 WIFR. All rights reserved.