Illinois announces 19 additional deaths, 1,471 new COVID-19 cases
Within the past 24 hours, laboratories have reported 42,598 specimens for a total of 2,849,395.
SPRINGFIELD, Ill. (WIFR) - Illinois health officials reported 1,298 new COVID-19 cases and 10 related deaths Monday.
Latest deaths include:
- Adams County: 1 male 70′s
- Cook County: 1 teen, 1 female 50′s, 1 unknown 60′s, 1 male 70′s, 1 female 80′s
- DuPage County: 2 males 80′s, 1 male 90′s
- Iroquois County: 1 male 60′s, 1 female 80′s
- Mercer County: 1 female 80′s, 1 female 90′s, 1 male 90′s
- Morgan County: 1 male 90′s
- Rock Island County: 1 female 70s
- Will County: 1 male 80′s
- Winnebago County: 2 female 90′s
This brings the total number of COVID-19 cases in Illinois to 184,712 and 7,545 deaths overall since the pandemic began. Within the past 24 hours, laboratories have reported 42,598 specimens for a total of 2,849,395.
The preliminary seven-day statewide positivity for cases as a percent of total test from July 28-August 3 is 3.9 percent with a total of 2,849,395 tests conducted.
As of Monday night, 1,496 people in Illinois were reported to be in the hospital with COVID-19. Of those, 365 patients were in the ICU and 125 patients with COVID-19 were on ventilators.
Copyright 2020 WIFR. All rights reserved.