Selected Community Events
Calling All Creative Youth Groups: Rain Barrel Design Contest
Sep 19, 2012 - Oct 31, 2012 Deadline: Wednesday, October 31st, 2012 @ 4:30pm
4833 Owen Center Road Rockford, IL 61101
Are you looking for extra money for your group’s programs? Do you enjoy being creative through art? Then look no further than the Winnebago County Soil and Water Conservation District’s (SWCD) rain barrel design contest. The SWCD is hosting the contest to get youth involved in water conservation and rain barrels. The group with the chosen design will profit from the sale of the rain barrel at the SWCD’s Annual Meeting where there will be an exclusive live auction of the rain barrel. Don’t delay, submit your design today!
• The contest is open to all youth groups (4-Hers, Scouts, church and school groups, etc.) from Winnebago County. The SWCD will not accept entries from individuals or groups outside of Winnebago County.
• Interested youth groups should submit an entry form (below), along with a hand-drawn colored design that incorporates the District’s name (Winnebago County Soil and Water Conservation District), and promotes water conservation and watersheds. Designs should consider the use of the entire circumference of a rain barrel.
• Designs need to be submitted to the SWCD Office no later than Wednesday, October 31st. Sketches can be dropped off or mailed to the SWCD Office at 4833 Owen Center Road, Rockford, IL 61101. The SWCD Office is open Monday through Friday, 8:00am to 4:30pm.
• The SWCD will select the top design based on how well the theme is portrayed and will notify that group in early November. The group will need to pick up the rain barrel from the SWCD Office, apply the design to the rain barrel using their own supplies, and drop it off at the SWCD Office no later than Friday, January 4th, 2013. The SWCD encourages the entire youth group to complete the painting and not just one individual. Adult group leaders are discouraged to significantly help during the completion of the painting.
• The finished rain barrel will be available for bid at an exclusive live auction at the District’s Annual Meeting on Friday, January 25th, 2013. The proceeds from the sale of the rain barrel will go to the group whose design was chosen and completed the painting.
815)965-2392 ext. 3