Rain Postpones Michigan Race to Monday

Steady rain in Brooklyn, Michigan, has forced NASCAR to postpone the Nextel Cup race until tomorrow.

But with more rain in the forecast, it's possible drivers won't get on the track until Tuesday morning -- or even later.

The race has been rescheduled for tomorrow at 11 am but the National Weather Service is calling for an 80 percent chance of rain. It drops to a 40 percent chance on Tuesday and 30 percent on Wednesday, with scattered thunderstorms possible each day.

The Cup transporters are due in Bristol, Tennessee Thursday afternoon to set up for Saturday night's Sharpie 500.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
23 WIFR 2523 North Meridian Road Rockford, IL. 61101 Business: 815-987-5300 Fax: 815-965-0981 News: 815-987-5330 Fax: 815-987-5333
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 9249456 - wifr.com/a?a=9249456