6 English Muffins or 10 slices English Muffin Bread, cut into 1” cubes
12 ounces Canadian Bacon, chopped
1 cup shredded Swiss Cheese
3 scallions, thinly sliced white and green parts
8 large eggs, beaten
2 cups milk
1 teaspoon dry mustard
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
Pinch ground black pepper
1. The night before, grease a 13” x 9” baking pan and sprinkle English Muffins evenly over the bottom.
2. Evenly distribute the Canadian Bacon, Swiss Cheese and scallions over English Muffins.
3. In large bowl, mix eggs, milk, dry mustard, salt, nutmeg and pepper. Pour evenly over layered English muffins, bacon, cheese and scallions. Cover with aluminum foil and refrigerate for at least 6 hours.
4. In morning, remove casserole from refrigerator and allow to sit for 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
5. Bake casserole covered for 45 minutes. Remove foil and bake for another 15 – 20 minutes or until set and golden.
6. Let rest for 10 minutes, cut and serve with Hollandaise Sauce.