Operation Safer Streets Headlines
Crime Rates Dropping in Belvidere
- Belvidere could be considered a safer place to live. The city’s police chief says overall Crime has dropped over the last seven years. Officers credit the safety to reducing gang activity and the help of city residents.
Freeport Most Wanted List
- The Freeport Police Department is asking for our help in locating these wanted fugitives.
Local Violent Crimes Task Force Makes More Arrests
- WINNEBAGO COUNTY (WIFR) -- Several gang members have been arrested by the Winnebago County Violent Crimes Task Force. More than 20 people were picked up for dozens of gun and drug charges within the organization's first six months.
Parolee Database Helping Police Cut Down on Crime
- It's a story we hear all too often, an ex-felon getting into trouble with the law.
Rockford Police Set Goals for 2014
- Rockford Police say shootings are happening too often.
Police Considering New Geopolicing Site
- Rockford’s former abortion clinic could soon house a section of the city’s police department. Right now, officers are eying the building as a new location for a geopolicing station.
Chief Puckett's Final Week
- Investigating is something that Love Park Police Chief Jim Puckett has been doing for the past 36 years, but that run will be coming to an end this week.
OSS: Loves Park K9 Unit on Patrol
- The Loves Park Police Department has a secret weapon when it comes to sniffing out crime in the Stateline.
Warrant Arrests Increase in Winnebago County
- There are fewer wanted criminals walking around on our streets now compared to previous years.
Crime Down for Winnebago County in 2013
- It doesn’t matter where we live, whether it’s the city of Rockford or somewhere else in Winnebago County, law enforcement officers say we’re safer today than we were last year.
More Operation Safer Streets Headlines