STATELINE (WIFR) -- After accepting the resignation of Trustee Mary Tuite, the Rock Valley College Board of Trustees is looking to appoint a replacement within sixty days.
The length of the appointment to serve is approximately sixteen months, until April 2015.
Anyone interested in serving is asked to submit a brief statement of interest, indicating qualifications for the position, to the RVC Board of Trustees, in care of Sam Overton, 3301 N. Mulford Road, Rockford, Illinois 61114-5699. Please include name, address, telephone number, and other pertinent contact information. The following items should be addressed:
1. Why do you want to serve on The Rock Valley College Board of Trustees?
2. What would be your goals for RVC?
3. What do you see as one of the biggest challenges ahead for RVC and its mission?
4. How do you define the role of an elected Trustee? What is the role of the Board of Trustees?
5. Do you plan on running for reelection when the appointment is concluded in April 2015?
6. In what ways should RVC grow course and program offerings in order to best serve the future needs of the community?
7. Please provide a brief background of your professional experience, as well as personal and charitable interests.
A copy of the Statement of Interest information is attached and can be obtained through Mr. Overton’s Office.
Candidates must live within Rock Valley College District 511, which includes Winnebago and Boone counties and portions of Stephenson, Ogle, McHenry, and DeKalb counties. Materials must be received in Mr. Overton’s office no later than 5:00 p.m., on November 6, 2013.