Victim's Family Not Tuning in for Drew Peterson Movie

By: Stephen Johnson
By: Stephen Johnson

Susan Doman refuses to watch the made for television movie surrounding the death of her sister Kathleen Savio. She says she doesn't need another reminder of the brutal murder that took away her loved one nine years ago.

"It is still hard to realize that she's gone. I choose not to watch it because of the memories”, says Doman.

The Lifetime movie, “Untouchable: The Drew Peterson Story” aired for the first time tonight. The flick centers around former Bolingbrook Police Sergeant Drew Peterson who is accused of killing Savio in 2004. He's also a suspect in the disappearance of his fourth wife Stacy who went missing in 2007.

Doman says, "I'd like people to look at the movie and see two women that fought and that hopefully they will be able to get justice. My sister was a wonderful person and Stacy was a wonderful mom...they didn't deserve this."

Doman says she hasn't seen any trailers or previews of the film, and probably never will. Despite not tuning in, she knows what her sister would think of the production.

"I think if my sister Kathleen saw the movie, she'd be embarrassed to see her life displayed out on television like that. The tragedy that she had to go through”, says Doman.

Peterson remains in jail for Savio's murder. No date has been set for his trial, although Doman says they expect proceedings to start in late spring to early summer.

• by Terri Location: California on Jan 24, 2012 at 03:27 PM
    Lastly, they need to air movies like this to show people this type of behaviour. It may stop someone from getting involved in this type of relationship, because in the beginning it is the always greatest thing.
  • by Terri Location: California on Jan 24, 2012 at 03:23 PM
    This movie has helped me because it came out right when I am leaving a relationship with a narcassist. I see all the same signs especially me looking like I'm a crazy fool and not him. I seen all the signs and defended him because I loved him and he loved me more than he's loved anyone. He was great in the beginning and then kept taking jabs at me until now when I feel my soul has been taken and that I am so ugly. At least I understand what is going on and can move on from this.
  • by Rebecca on Jan 23, 2012 at 10:38 AM
    And who told the idiot that he was dashing, charming, without a jelly belly and a big daddy? People who think of themselves as large than life, is always, ALWAYS living in fantasy.Is the relative still alive who helped it move the barrel? Let us pray that that person is alive or told someone about what happened so there can be a death sentence applied. Both Kathleen and Stacy were portrayed as lovely people. We must get the message out about domestic abuse, there are solutions and help out there for these victims~God Bless to the survivors of these ladies.
      by charles on Jan 23, 2012 at 05:24 PM in reply to Rebecca
      To Rebecca: Drew is the worst kind of con man. He made these women believe that he was dashing, charming, etc. Drew's cousin or nephew who helped move the barrel is still alive. He said the barrel was warm and he was afraid it was Stacy. Unfortunately, his testimony can be disputed due to alleged competency issues. Also, Illinois no longer has a death penalty.
  • by rita h Location: louisiana on Jan 22, 2012 at 10:36 PM
    my condolence to these families,i hope justice prevails and this man has to answer what he has done. God bless u all,especially the children that lived under the same roof with this monster
  • by charles Location: rockford on Jan 22, 2012 at 08:13 PM
    Melissa His first two wives divorced him after he threatened them. They are fortunate.
      by melissa on Jan 23, 2012 at 08:54 AM in reply to charles
        by charles on Jan 23, 2012 at 05:01 PM in reply to melissa
        You are welcome Melissa. There was also a potential number five, as another young woman was engaged to Drew even after Stacy disappeared. The wedding plans sort of fizzled out when Drew was locked up.
  • by Anonymous on Jan 22, 2012 at 07:32 PM
    It hits home for me because I know people that knew who they were and so i had to watch the movie to see if it did the wives justice. The movie was downright creepy. They tried to jam a lot into a two hour movie so if you had to blink you'd miss something. At least I hope with this movie out people will start searching for Stacie again!!!
  • by Anonymous Location: Rockford IL on Jan 22, 2012 at 01:37 PM
    1st wife~ Carol Brown- married for six years. she divorced him in 1980 due to Drew cheating. 2nd wife~ Victoria Connolly- married in 1982. drew abused her during their 10 year marriage. Victoria divorced him when he started dating Kathleen Savio. Their divorce was finalized in February 18, 1992. Drew married Kathleen 2 months later~ March 4, 1992. Their divorce was finalzed October 10, 2003.
  • by Nobama4me Location: Roscoe on Jan 22, 2012 at 09:36 AM
    I can't believe any TV station would air any movie about this douche bag.
  • by melissa Location: clay city indiana on Jan 22, 2012 at 05:46 AM
    i watched the movie and i was wondering what happened to his 1st and 2ed wife
      by charles on Jan 22, 2012 at 08:13 PM in reply to melissa
  • by pat Location: w rockford on Jan 21, 2012 at 10:46 PM
    he looks kinda shady
  • Page:
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 137833779 - wifr.com/a?a=137833779