STATELINE (WIFR) -- Below is a list of weather related closings for June 26, 2013.
Due to the amount of rainfall received, the following Rockford Park District recreation paths and attractions have been closed until further notice:
• Sportscore One Rec Path from Harlem Toll Bridge to Elmwood Road – closed due to flooding
• Forest City Queen – rides cancelled due to "No Wake" restrictions on Rock River
• Standfield Beach – closed due to flooding
Citizens are urged to not to walk, drive or play in floodwaters. It is recommended to use caution and avoid all closed areas.
The following Rockford Park District facilities, programs, and events have been impacted for Wednesday, June 26, 2013:
Nicholas Conservatory & Gardens
• Tunes on the Terrace - cancelled
Magic Waters Waterpark, Alpine Pool, Sand Park Pool, Harkins Aquatics Center
Softball, Soccer, and Sand Volleyball
• Adult softball, women’s outdoor soccer, Co-Rec 6’s sand volleyball - cancelled
Aldeen Golf Club & Practice Centre
Time to Play Playground Programs
• Afternoon sites cancelled and field trips rescheduled to next week
Due to current course conditions, the following Rockford Park District tournament has been impacted for Thursday, June 27, 2013:
• Area Youth Tournament at Ledges Golf Course - cancelled
• No makeup date will be scheduled
The City of Beloit’s Parks and Leisure Services Department informs residents that for the general public’s safety and precautions that Leeson Park and the Dog Park will be closed until further notice due to related flooding issues. For more information call the City of Beloit Public Works Operations at, (608) 364-2929.