Stove Fire at the Faust Landmark in Downtown Rockford

By: Jessica Geraci
By: Jessica Geraci

ROCKFORD (WIFR) -- One of the top floors of the Faust Building in Downtown Rockford was evacuated briefly after a cooking fire Tuesday evening.

The fire department says the fire started on the 11th floor. A woman who lives on a different floor was cooking hot dogs on the stove in her sister's apartment. The stove top caught fire. All the residents on the 11th floor had to leave because of the smoke. They are now all back in their homes. Nobody one was hurt.

You must be logged in to post comments.

Password (case sensitive):
Remember Me:
23 WIFR 2523 North Meridian Road Rockford, IL. 61101 Business: 815-987-5300 Fax: 815-965-0981 News: 815-987-5330 Fax: 815-987-5333
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 174509311 -
Gray Television, Inc.