Stove Fire at the Faust Landmark in Downtown Rockford

ROCKFORD (WIFR) -- One of the top floors of the Faust Building in Downtown Rockford was evacuated briefly after a cooking fire Tuesday evening.

The fire department says the fire started on the 11th floor. A woman who lives on a different floor was cooking hot dogs on the stove in her sister's apartment. The stove top caught fire. All the residents on the 11th floor had to leave because of the smoke. They are now all back in their homes. Nobody one was hurt.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
23 WIFR 2523 North Meridian Road Rockford, IL. 61101 Business: 815-987-5300 Fax: 815-965-0981 News: 815-987-5330 Fax: 815-987-5333
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 174509311