STEPHENSON COUNTY (WIFR) -- The Stephenson Soil and Water Conservation District will be holding an Award Celebration on Thursday, March 6th at 6:30 p.m., at the Stephenson County Farm Bureau, to honor the following recipients for their conservation efforts in Stephenson County.
- Friend of the District Award – Monica Pierce; Freeport High School Agricultural & FFA Advisor
- Conservation Legacy Award – John & Monica Jeschke & Family
- New Horizons Award – Chestnut Cliff Farm - Phil Bardell and Pat Leininger, Trale Bardell and Margaret Sappey Bardell
- Conservation Farm Family – Meier Land & Cattle LLC – Huey and Ellen, Matthew and HeiDee Meier
Conservation Ag Partners (CAP) Coordinator, Martha Ebbesmeyer will be honoring the following 1st place poster contest winners at the event.
- Division A (Kindergarten & Grade 1) Micah Schrader; Tri-County
- Division B (Grades 2 & 3) Delaney Jo Fortney; Tri-County
- Division C (Grades 4,5,6) Sidney Monks; Pearl City
The event is open to the public. For more information call the SWCD office at 815-235-2161, ext. 3.