Smoke Detectors Save Residents From House Fire

By: CS
By: CS

BELOIT, WI (WIFR) – In-house smoke detectors saved the lives of two residents from a fire in their house on the 2000 block of Jackson Street in Beloit Friday morning.

The homeowner became aware of the fire thanks to the smoke alarms in the house. Once the two people in the house escaped through their bedroom window, Beloit Fire arrived to control the flames.

Beloit Fire says that the extension cord next to the coach ignited a fire. When they arrived they saw heavy smoke billowing out of the rear of the house.

There were no injuries and the estimated cost of damage is $55,000.

You must be logged in to post comments.

Password (case sensitive):
Remember Me:
23 WIFR 2523 North Meridian Road Rockford, IL. 61101 Business: 815-987-5300 Fax: 815-965-0981 News: 815-987-5330 Fax: 815-987-5333
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 178095371 -
Gray Television, Inc.