The 2013 Rockford Park District Board of Commissioners passed the 2013 Budget tonight. The 2012 operating budget was $31,901,798. The 2013 operating budget is $30,313,974, or $1,587,824 less.
Below is some additional background information about the 2013 budget:
Major Differences Budget to Budget
· Outsourcing food service at RPD concessions and facilities resulted in $100,000 net savings
· Reduced seven full time positions (through attrition, organizational alignment, and without layoffs)
· Internal service departments, program and facility operational efficiencies and reductions
· Health care costs are flat, in part credited to a effective employee wellness program
Overview of Programs and Services
· Minor program reductions occurred in Camp Lone Oak, Levings Lakers events, and one summer playground cooperative program was discontinued due to low attendance
· Slight fee increases for hockey and golf, and increasing park shelter rentals to marketplace rates
· Continuing to maintain free and low cost programs, especially for youth and families
· 86% of capital improvements will be to maintain current parks and facilities
· There are few new projects, and those are made possible by grants and donations (Alpine Hills Adventure Park, Jamestown Park playground replacement, Teahouse at Eclipse Lagoon, boat docks at Riverfront Museum Park, and the accessible fishing pier at Sinnissippi Riverfront)
ROCKFORD (WIFR) -- The Rockford Park District passed its 2013 budget Tuesday night. This years operating budget comes in around $30 million, that's a little less than last year. The district made about $1.5 million in cuts by out sourcing food services and reducing seven full time positions, with out layoffs. The park district also made minor program reductions.