ROCKFORD (WIFR) – A Rockford family’s house is deemed unsafe after a fire this afternoon.
Luckily, everyone made it out okay. Emergency crews believe it started in the attic of this home on Grant Park Boulevard off of Kishwaukee Street at around 2pm today.
Investigators say it took fire crews about 20 minutes to extinguish the fire which was likely caused by a faulty chimney.
Damage is estimated at $25,000.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.