Rockford Family Displaced After House Fire

ROCKFORD (WIFR) -- A family of four in Rockford is displaced after a fire in the attic of their home.

The Rockford Fire Department was called around 4:16 p.m. Friday to a home at the 5000 Block of Arbutus Road. When they got the the scene no flames were showing from the outside of building.

The owner met firefighters outside and told them an exhaust fan in the bathroom upstairs felt hot and he could smell smoke. When firefighters investigated they found out the fan shorted out and started a fire in the attic.

Fire crews were able to put the fire out quick, however, several rafters were burned through. The fire caused around $20,000 in damage. The cause of the fire has been ruled accidental. No one was hurt.

You must be logged in to post comments.

Password (case sensitive):
Remember Me:
23 WIFR 2523 North Meridian Road Rockford, IL. 61101 Business: 815-987-5300 Fax: 815-965-0981 News: 815-987-5330 Fax: 815-987-5333
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 247962911 -
Gray Television, Inc.