ROCKFORD (WIFR) -- The Rock Valley College Foundation received 26 grant applications from RVC faculty and staff for equipment and projects this year and the Foundation’s grant committee was pleased to award $99,927 to meet some critical funding needs.
Since 2001, the RVC Foundation has awarded nearly $800,000 in grants to faculty and staff thanks to the generosity of many individuals and organizations. RVC Foundation Grants help strengthen and support academic programs and provide the latest in technology and innovation in the learning environment.
Grants that have been funded for 2013 include projects/equipment such as:
• iWorx Psychophysiology Kits which enable students to measure and observe the relationship between the brain and biological responses.
• Digital Cinema camera to prepare students for today's media workforce.
• Server technology and equipment that will allow the Computers and Information Systems department to create “virtual labs,” thereby giving students 24/7 access to equipment needed to complete lab work without needing to be on campus. This will also allow the department to offer new, industry relevant courses to RVC students.
• Adult Basic Ed & GED course books as well as GED testing fees for low-income adult students.
• Student books and workbooks for the refugee students enrolled in ESL (English as a Second Language).
These are just a few examples of the needs met through Foundation grants that enhance the learning experience for RVC students. A complete list of projects and equipment is available upon request and grant applicants are available for interviews.
For more information about the Rock Valley College Foundation, call (815) 921-4501.