FREEPORT (WIFR) -- Around 3:00 this morning, the Freeport Fire Department responded to an apartment fire located in the 600 block of West Douglas Street.
Fire officials reported that the fire is believed to have started in the upstairs living room and the cause was accidental. The fire damaged the upstairs area of the apartment and costs an estimated amount of $20,000.
The resident of the upstairs unit received minor injuries and was transported to a nearby hospital. The downstairs residents were able to get out of the apartment safely. The American Red Cross reports that they are responding to the families' emergency needs such as food and clothing. The American Red Cross is also currently assisting one adult.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.