JANESVILLE, WI (WIFR) -- A lawn mower has been determined to be the cause of a fire at a Janesville cemetery Wednesday.
The Janesville Fire Department says before 4 p.m. Wednesday, crews responded to the Milton Lawn Cemetery in the 2200 block of Milton Avenue. Upon arrival, heavy smoke was coming from the metal maintenance storage building. Everyone got out safely.
Crews had to use circular saws to cut open an overhead garage door to reach the fire. Complete extinguishment was unsuccessful for some time due to arcing electrical wires. Alliant Energy representatives arrived later to cut off power. No injuries were reported.
About $130,000 is estimated in total damage. Items lost include four riding lawn mowers, a dump truck and other pieces of shop equipment and tools.