House Fire in Rockford Started in Kitchen

ROCKFORD (WIFR) -- Firefighters were called out to south 6th street for a fire.

Flames broke out a little after 11 a.m. in the 1300 block. We’re told the fire started in the kitchen, but investigators say they’re not sure what sparked it.

Fortunately, the homeowner managed to escape, but she’ll need to find a place to stay. The fire caused about $20,000 in damage.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
23 WIFR 2523 North Meridian Road Rockford, IL. 61101 Business: 815-987-5300 Fax: 815-965-0981 News: 815-987-5330 Fax: 815-987-5333
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 217833611 - wifr.com/a?a=217833611