House Fire In Rockford Neighborhood Gives Rescue Crews A Difficult Time

Rockford (WIFR) -- Flames were so intense at a house fire this morning that rescue crews were forced to find another way inside the structure.

The fire happened at a home in the Arcadia district of Rockford. Investigators say damage is estimated at 22 thousand dollars. That’s because flames destroyed the inside of the house. Emergency responders say they had a difficult time getting through the front door to extinguish the fire, describing the flames as surging forward. Early reports show it was caused by an electrical problem.

Volunteers with our local Red Cross chapter are helping the family. The organization has assisted more than 100 victims this year, almost double the number compared to the year prior.

You must be logged in to post comments.

Password (case sensitive):
Remember Me:
23 WIFR 2523 North Meridian Road Rockford, IL. 61101 Business: 815-987-5300 Fax: 815-965-0981 News: 815-987-5330 Fax: 815-987-5333
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 218230601 -
Gray Television, Inc.