Hot Ashes Spark Rockford Garage Fire

ROCKFORD (WIFR) -- Hot ashes placed into a waste can sparked a garage fire in Rockford.

Just before 4:30 p.m. Tuesday firefighters responded to a call for a house fire at 3429 Sage Drive. When firefighters got to the scene they quickly put out the fire. The fire was contained to the garage and cause $2,500 in damages. The fire has been ruled accidental. No one was hurt.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
23 WIFR 2523 North Meridian Road Rockford, IL. 61101 Business: 815-987-5300 Fax: 815-965-0981 News: 815-987-5330 Fax: 815-987-5333
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 193460121